Friday, July 1, 2016

Day 2

It's about 12:30 on my true second day of my transformation and cleanse routine.
I wanted to revisit the daily goals I set for myself, which were: 

  • Begin cleanse 
  •  Go to the gym Cardio at least 20 minutes Lower or Upper body machines 
  •  Go to bed at a decent hour 
  •  No alcohol 
  • Drink a lot of water 
  • No eating after 7 pm
So I met 50% of my goals. I slacked off with working out because I spent time doing other things like preparing for the class I'm teaching, and creating my blog. I was in bed at a decent hour (10 pm), but I tossed and turned all night, probably because I didn't exercise... And I did end up eating after 7, because I ate some fruit around 8:30 pm. So, having said that, I need to readjust my goal setting. If my goals will generally be the same each day, I think I'll set weekly goals. 

Goals for this week, Friday 7/1/16-7/8/16:
  • Exercise a minimum of 4 days per week: Cardio at least 20 minutes, Lower or Upper body machines 
  • No more than 2 days that I eat a little bit extra from the cleanse (healthy choice)
  • Drink 64 oz. water every day 
  • Sign up for a fitness class: Orange Theory, or a class at the gym (spinning, kick boxing, etc.)
  • Only eat 1 small serving of fruit at night (if I really want to eat something)
  • Buy a scale 
  • Weigh myself and record my actual weight in the chart :-/
  • Take body measurements and update chart (lose 1 inch off each area in my chart)
  • Loose 5 lbs., take weight and update chart 
  • Take body pictures, 1 set with my face to prove it's really me in the end, and 1 set without my face to stay anonymous for now. Post updated pictures to blog.
I will revisit these goals next Friday to see how I did. 

Despite meeting only 50% of my goals, I did meet the most important one, which was not drinking alcohol. It's embarrassing to admit, but I can't remember the last time I went this long without a drink (5 days). I know I have a long way to go still, but I'm going to pat myself on the back for that, because in recent attempts, I went 2 days without drinking and caved in every time. I think the cleanse is helping with releasing the toxins, and producing less cravings. 

I'm kind of tired from the serious decrease in calories, but I notice a big difference in my body and mind from eating well and not consuming alcohol. 
  • My skin looks better than it has in a long time, I don't have any new blemishes, just the scabs from ones I had from last week. I would post a post pictures but I want to be anonymous until my transformation is complete. 
  • My face has less darkness (especially under my eyes), and I have more of a glow than I've had in forever.
  • My stomach is not sticking out as much (to be expected, but still happy about it)
  • I am more mentally engaged in activities and interpersonal interactions
I'm looking forward to continuing my work and feeling the benefits of this lifestyle change. 

#goals #workinghard #necessary #improvement #selfimprovement #empowered #iamstrong #defeatingmyvices #lifestylechange #positivevibes #feelinghappy #motivated #fitness #fitnessgoals

No comments:

Post a Comment